Its Friday yet again … time for me to let some things off my chest.
- Work is killing me … I think my health is deteriorating again. There was this project, I thought “Hey … this project will run about a month, and it will look really good if I manage it … so what if its a little more work”. Well … that was about 3-4 months ago. Project is going great, and people love it … but the idea of me managing others still is just nuts. This is why I don’t comment as much … a brother is working … hard!
- BTW … as a result … brotha just got promoted.
- This makes me think about balancing work and a relationship. How do you balance attempting to take over the world while making sure your woman is fulfilled completely? Does something have to suffer, or do you just magically do it all?
- Obama and his wife. Is she really cool with it all? Is she really the supportive black woman that she portrays on TV, or does she really feel neglected? I kind of think he does out and attempts to personally rewrite history, and then she proceeds to let him know that he aint sh*t without her … or says “lick me b*tch”. IDK … I just foresee it.
- I really love girls from the south. I’ve said this before, but figured I needed to say it again.
- I have a subscription to the Economist and do read it on the regular (one of my degrees is in Economics). Kind of insulted someone questioned this because I like my music Chopped & Screwed. I tell ya … ignorance … it holds us back.
- To address the issue of the “butter-face”, I would beat the brakes off it … but nothing more. I couldn’t see myself seriously dating someone I would have to squint at to look in the face … but … that banging body could get pleased. Gotta be honest …
- I am pretty big in stereotyping. Hell … girls from different regions get different treatment … but I’ll be damned if I’m changing … I stand by my stereotypes (except white women and head … Life has shown me that there are some forms of racial equality).
- I think I’m getting soft … I’ll elaborate some other time … but just know that its a problem.
So … I’m not selfish … I love you all … my familia. I want everyone to clear their throat. Let loose all those random things on your chest that need a public forum.
1. Really craving grits and catfish this morning… or some white castle burgers! YUM
2. *wondering* Is my temper really improving or just suppressed?
3. I love him. I love him a lot. However, I want to slap the taste out his mouth as of right now.
4. So glad it's Friday… now if it were just payday, I'd be even more excited.
5. For once – – – my kinky tail is not the least bit horny. Go figure.
6. Feeling like changing my look around; just haven't decided to what yet
7. Driving home next month and introducing the boyfriend to the family… pray for him.
8. I have a lot of bottled up frustrations and I need an outlet ASAP before I hurt someone
9. I'm stressed
10. Fuck DC drivers!!!! ARGH!
Hey family i've been gone for a minute ..now I'm back..who missed me??
My rantings for the day..
1. on the crosswalk sign why is the little man that signals its ok for u to walk, white? why not orange or green? or yellow? hidden racism!!!!
2. don't u hate it when someone really thinks they have bomb sex and its actually WELL below average? I'm come on no one EVER told u?
3. its friday we will bury on of my friends today, she killed herself, behind domestic violence, this shit has to stop people.
4. do u think hillary ever sucked bills dick again after the whole monica thing?
5. anyone know how I can get my book published?
6. I sooooo dislike my job.
7. idris elba is so fine
8. eddie murphy has stooped to a new low with this DAVE movie…
ok that's all for now..somebody email me or something I'm bored!!
1. I need my USELESS ex boyfriend to pay me what he owes me so I can get my downpayment together.
2. I agree with Akua, Idris Elba IS fine and that accent!
3. Alesse is making me fat 🙁
4. Opportunity is everywhere and we waste so much of it
@ SBM congrats on your promotion. I have NO PROBLEM managing people (I mean telling people what to do) as long as they see you putting in equal effort and giving them credit for doing a great job, I don't think you'll ever have a problem. Except when they want to be you best buddy and talk personal shyt, don;t fall for that okey doke you do have to draw some professional lines in the sand while seeming "cooler than a fan."
@ Akua we have missed you. Idris is fine thank you Lord. And Amen.
@ Ms. Freckles- I we were (GASP) poor, cuz I aint never had no catfish with my grits….but porgie's YES.
1. I think I AM some kind of closet republican and I do secretly agree with McCain's former advisors notions of the "mental recession". But Dr. Phil (I must always side with Obama) -it doesn't make it any less real or systemic. I mean damn this housing thing has its tenticles in EVERYTHING. But I sho wish people knew that most money is made in a downturn when things are on sale. Somebody never lied when they said "during the gold rush…the people who sold the shovels got richer than the diggers".
2. I got hit on by a woman last week. I still talked while making it VERY clear that I'm straight. But I am flattered. AND some women HAVE GAME and are smoother than a damn milkshake. I should use "you wanna race??" the next time I get out of my ride and some hottie has a V12. She did a "dude" on me, when she said "did you grow up around here. You don't seem like the other DC area black women?"
2a. Why do people in buick's think they can KILL a supercharger?
3. I want a new bed. To further get this feng shui thing on and poppin. I totally believe that energy lingers. And starting new means NEW everything. Especially beds. I'm making room for the love on the Vera Wang Pillow Top.
3a. How did Vera Wang go from wedding gowns to beds.
3b. Well at least I know who my man is now. I'm psyched. I always KNOW.
4. My blog needs a face lift.
5. I still AM in love with my barist(er). He is so heavenly chocolate, but he's 20. It could never work I know.
6. So it sucks when other people try and get credit for your work. I'm torn about being a consultant. Hell thats my job to make other people look good…which is why when this one person tried to interpret my sizing recommendations and assumptions…I let them speak for it…until they couldn't. Shyt WAS rather funny. But it is all rather karmic. You can only steal ideas and work for so long…cause you don't know soup to nuts how MY IDEA would work.
6a. hell I'm adding some of my hours as I speak….steal away dammit, whatever.
6b. I did have to take my portable ball out to renegotiate my contract last week. You STILL need them to further skinny the rather wide margin.
7. I'm back to being S&P soft and pink. I love cooking for a guy I totally am into..maybe I should try the grits and porgie like grandma used to make. Somebody asked me to be so bourgie why i eat "nigga fish"??? LOL
7a. I do still have SOME urban up in me.
7b. I can't be defind.
@Lurker – Try Femcom Fe… it has a lower rate of causing weight gain. Whatever you do, don't let your obgyn put you on Lybrel!! That mess is EVIL! lol
""This makes me think about balancing work and a relationship. How do you balance attempting to take over the world while making sure your woman is fulfilled completely? Does something have to suffer, or do you just magically do it all?"""
NO you cant. I dont care what anyone says. but here is the kicker. is the woman you date now worth it? but then again, how do you know she is not the woman who is GOING to be worth it?
if I had the 20's to do all over again I would do more friending and more loving and not have been as much of a zelot in each of my jobs.
As for the promotion. I salute you, but hard work is not the only thing that gets you ahead. Remember to do as much networking as you can, black men have such a negative stereotype already you want them to trust you and think of them as one of your own. Do "ANYTHING" you can do be that man they call up for the poker game.
Be nice, smile, and dont snap at the people you dont like and who try to hold you back. your YOUNG and they are old… wait them out.
work charity events earn coolpoints. Look at the photograph of the last corporate charity event… notice those people in the pictures have prominent spots in yo company.
dont try to get promoted too fast, you will cap out your salary increase and wind up working harder and making less, which will make you resentful (which is counter productive) this has happened to my core friends and we all wish we had corporate hopped insted of staying loyal to one company, but for me loyalty > money.
if your getting fat and lazy… get yo azz in the gym mah nigga!! they gotta have an LA boxing center in DC. GNC mega man vitamins is great for energy just take the 3 per day capsules.
@Comeback… what is porgies? I'm a midwest gal…I don't know nothing about no porgies…lol.
Ms. Freckles…GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL….you don't know what porgies are. I think I spelled it right…You in DC right???? I think its also a country fish along with croakers. Its called "nigga fish" because it is a fishy fish with a lot of bones. And the smell is rather NOT delicate.
but its sooo good
1) I feel like I have kissed too many people this year, as a young black man I am starting to worry about koodies.
2) I dont like my relationship with miss Alaska. All she does is yell at me and I dont feel I have the right to say anything back because I dont want her to hate me like comeback and Tecia do when I talk back to them…. but damn the sex is…. umm different.
3) I went out on 10 dates with a woman, only to find out she was married, when do I know when its time to start dating less people and begin to concentrate on just the main TWO?
4) I just got an offer to work as a consultant on my offdays. I work SUn MON TUE night, this job is THUR FRI SAT night. So in theory I could have 2 full time jobs but would ruin my dating and boxing lives. but then again, how many times in your life can you actually WORK 2 full time jobs I should take advantage of it.
5) I still feel my best date of the year was with my mom, I cant belive how nagging and annoying she can be when it comes to me but is beyond charming and elegant when you bring her in public. I wish I had half of my parents charisma, I would run for mayor insted.
6) I had another bad date with a "corporate suburban sista". I was accused of not being nice enough this time (damn you SBM) and she was insulted I didnt order her drink before she got there. I put my foot in my mouth trying to be funny… Im such a fukin geek sometimes 🙁
8. Why do people who don't know shyt about being successful or strategic in their work…have all the advice in the world for clearly more successful people. And if you were so damn great at networking why don't you make more than 32k.
While I will agree networking is core. SO is working smart. At a certain level you DO WORK HARD. BUT YOUR WORK ALSO CHANGES. big money is made by quantifying which lines on the income statement YOU DIRECTLY AFFECT be it cost savings or revenue generating. People who can show a company the money ALWAYS WINS.
So why are sub par worker bees "who aren't even qualified to do their job" now giving career advice??
9. Some men's priorities are so screwed and chopped (like the music). Not only are you OUT OF YOUR LANE with dating UP. You also CAN NOT AFFORD IT. But justify why you don't need money???? And then question why you need a second job?
***coffee time*** I'm done.
Hey there family…my rant for today:
1. Dammit I really hate my job, ok so maybe i'm exaggerating…i love the place and kind of like the work, but I hate getting my ass up every morning for mediocre pay when I'm a borderline fucking genuis…I gotta do better…but I only live 4 blocks away and I'm not quite ready to give up that convenience as of yet…although my vert does get 27 miles to the gallon. *sighing*…decisions, decisions.
2. I had Krystal's twice this week and it's only now Friday…granted one of those meals was well deserved considering it was after a life-altering 24 hours…but the other was pure gluttony…no fast food for me today.
3. I am super geeked that my daughter is coming home on Sunday…damn I missed her…maybe now my filthy ass will start cleaning the house and cooking again…it's like I became an instant slob and lazy bum when she left…thank the lord for my little Alexandra.
4. Uggggh, I'm so freaking tired!!!! Gotta get off the phone with this negro earlier at night…but I'm addicted to this voice…heaven help me…I think I'm losing my pimp swagger and *whispering* settling down…dare I even think it yet alone blog it.
5. Too bad SBM didn't take the time to fly down here sooner, I'm southern and selfless, how could he not love me…but I'm apparently on the verge of being taken…dammit ok…I can do this…relationships are normal…stop freaking out.
6. Congrats on the promotion Rone baby…I'm sure there are many more to come!!
7. I'm really mad Comeback had a part a and b to her rants instead of just numbering them separately…hmmm, I swear errday she makes me worry more and more about her logic.
8. DAMMIT…it's been five weeks since I had a taste of the penis…this celibacy shit is about to kill me…I need some head…lawd I need some dick…*sidenote*…it is ok to pray for the penis, or would one consider that blasphemy?
9. I've lost 4 pounds now over the past week..kinda excited, I cut my hair even shorter yesterday…not sure why, I still need to get my teeth laser whitened and filed down…don't have the money or time, I'm not done dressing up my new place…I really need a Target discount. I want to do something super special for my mister…but I think maybe I'm overdoing it a bit.
10. Oh and I'm broke.
rant continued(unnumbered this time):
…I'm convinced that Comeback is in love with Hasani and is just waiting on him to show her his true potential.
…I wish Hasani would stop dating all these chics for their pedigree and actually fall for a sistah who has the same emotional values as he has…something tells me it would be much more sucessful.
…I don't recall SBM saying anything in his post about being fat and lazy…I took soft to mean mentally soft…and I'm assuming it has something to do with the chic is above mentioned rant about work/relationship balance.
…I really wish Hasani would stop ALWAYS including me in his rants directed towards Comeback…we are not connected at the hip…and despite whether he notices or not I usually agree with him and share the same values…*sighing*…but I digress.
Comeback: whats dating up?
social class? I came from money, but dont make much myself… you came from no money but now make good money (but are not rich by any streatch of the imagination)… wouldnt that be dating down for me?
"Miss ER" comes from EXTREME money on both sides of her family. She will make not only more money than me but will dwarf your pathetic income as well. she seems to like me a whoooole lot… is that dating up for me that I cant afford?
Love is a priority, the amount of money I make shouldnt correlate how much a sista should respect me…. at least not a REAL sista. If I need two corporate jobs to make a sista respect me and allow me to love her….. the problem is her (and you for thinking such) and not me. I think we can take a show of hands on how many sistas here REQUIRE a brotha to work two full time corporate jobs just to date him…. I think your the only one that utterly insane.
we are all the same social class, this is not pakistan and not india… we do not have a caste system. if we did you would be a poor … still.
"I’m convinced that Comeback is in love with Hasani and is just waiting on him to show her his true potential"
ewwww…just keep using those ciber love goggles for your situation…cause I can surely tell you, the only thing i'm feeling is baffled and bemoaned by dude.
"10. Oh and I’m broke."
Oh chile…banish this from your mouth. You speak things into FURTHER existence. Even if you don't have any money you still have a wealth of ideas, knowledge and personal power…..and I'm sure your beau has dough. He could turn your situation into the happy brady bunch family.
Hasani sweetie, if you feel like you've kissed too many folks this year then more than likely you have.
Don't let any woman rob you of your manhood, if she's always yelling at you then maybe yall don't mesh well, but don't sit there and take it…you don't do it on here, so I can't understand why you would allow in your REAL life.
Comeback I really wish you would stop bashing Hasani so much, we all know the man's earning potential he constantly reminds us, and he was JUST trying to give SBM some advice…and all of it was actually quite good. The fact that he doesn't practice it on the same scale doesn't diminish the advice.
I'm sick of yall fussing and fighting all the time about the same dumb shit…Hasani is a "low level earner" for lack of a better word…he knows it, he embraces so why can't you and just be done with it. Comeback doesn't want a man right now Hasani, she likes her money, Range Rover, feng shui'd spot, and is relishing in her success…when she's ready she will take the necessary steps to become "relationship ready"…please stop trying to force your beliefs and values on her.
"Comeback: whats dating up?
social class? I came from money, but dont make much myself… you came from no money but now make good money (but are not rich by any streatch of the imagination)… wouldnt that be dating down for me?"
When I say poor Hasani I am exaggerating…I went to private school MY WHOLE LIFE. My mother actually did extremely well for a single parent. And my father is more "educated" than I am (with a double MA). So again insert foot in mouth.
"Oh chile…banish this from your mouth. You speak things into FURTHER existence. Even if you don’t have any money you still have a wealth of ideas, knowledge and personal power…..and I’m sure your beau has dough. He could turn your situation into the happy brady bunch family."
No, I'm speaking a reality…today I'm broke and that's okay. Shit Monday I will have money again…that just how it all works. Wealth of ideas, knowledge and personal power doesn't mean shit if it doesn't manifest into something profitable. So today I'm broke and just for today I'm okay with that.
Oh and apparently my beau doesn't like sharing his wealth…but for now I'm not tripping…he'll tighten up and soon I'm sure.
you are right I don't WANT a man. But one happened to show up anyway. One in which I dig. And Hasani's advice is flawed. Its like having an obese excercise instructor. I believe HE believes what he writes …but its NOT working. Only a fool takes pilates from someone whose never worked out.
Now gaming advice he could give. If I need to buy my little cousin the next big xbox game, then I do listen and have listened. But again he's out of his lane.
its amazing…. black women can date men for their income, and can devote two whole threads to justifying why its ok…. but I go out with a few (ok ok.. alot) women who are doing ok and its a crime?
I usually have to date women who are PHD's or have been in the military…. because if your single at 30 and a woman you have too much baggage from some dumb nigga fucking you over…. unless you have been in school or away in the service. but then again,
I dont PICK the women I date… they pick me. I like had no idea miss ER was a doctor, and I just found out lastnight miss alaska is a vice principal. I didnt know "miss may" was a model or working on her phd when she came up to me and said she was "husband hunting." these women scooped ME up and not the other way around.
and Heehee ok ill take into consideration that you can comeback are not attached at the hip if you take into consideration that I am not every man that has done you wrong in your life so dont treat me as such. k?
"I’m broke and that’s okay"
No Hasani had good advice…you're only discounting it because it came from Hasani. Just because he doesn't practice what he preaches on the same scale doesn't mean that he doesn't understand the word.
I'm sure SBM knew all of it anyways, and although I shared the same thoughts that you did as I was reading Hasani's advice column, I somehow didn't feel the need to call the man on it.
"and Heehee ok ill take into consideration that you can comeback are not attached at the hip if you take into consideration that I am not every man that has done you wrong in your life so dont treat me as such. k?"
…u can't be helped.
Yes Teacia you are right dear. Hasani IS the victim.
And you are the liason to happiness.
"I’m broke and that’s okay”
…my it's funny how you left out "TODAY"…just an observation i guess.
wait… is that a single bitter black woman who is in her mid 30's yet her longest relationship is 2 years…. saying she dosent want to take relationship advice from a happy black man whose longest was 10.
HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAH (falls out the chair) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
oh by the way, my trainer is a bald fat white 24 year old kid. I listen to every word he says. I dont play 90% of the games I can write about but I still seem to have a job. I can write as an evil empress yet I have never lived a day as a megalomaniac nor have I ever been royalty. I think you should be princess sara…. we just need to expand yoru vocabulary a little and give you a nice evil laugh. But I think you would fail because the point is to help people (and you only care about helping TIffany) and to be insane amounts of funny (your NEVER funny)
oh and as for your 2 year relationship… .BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA HAAAAA
Or you're just mean and spiteful ALL the damn time and for no good reason. Hasani says a lot of dumb shit, granted…but do you always have to wage a war on the man…i'm just saying damn…get a grip already.
Hasani cut it out…yall are acting like a couple of fucking kids today…DAMN!
today , tomorrow whats the difference. I just copied and pasted. I'm just saying the way its written you …it implies that you will have many more broke today's and may more paid Mondays.
what happened you were rather nice yesterday. Your hunnie bunnie didn't bring the joy?
I'm just playing with Hasani…are you ok???
…don't fucking patronize me…trust that you don't want any…i'm quicker on my feet than our resident whipping boy.
"don’t fucking patronize me"
ummmm …..just aksing…you seemed rather pleasant yesterday…just asking.
Its not that serious on here.
Oh and welcome back Akua!!
You know all I wanted for my birthday was Idris Elba…had a friend who could make it happen…too bad I can no longer indulge in the notion….*sobbing hysterically* Driiiiiiiiiis!!!
Comeback I've said all I care to say about it.
…moving right along shall we.
Yes…you did LMBAO !!!!!!!
I do have work to do. I'll check back later… after I check out my barister.
it REALLY REALLY isn't that serious ….we add more to the situation than is really there.
360 much…..lol….sybill come take ur meds.
"I do have work to do. I’ll check back later… after I check out my barister."
…let me find out Comeback is a cougar…damn shame i tell ya.
1. Redesigned my blog but can't get shit to work right.
2. My best friend married into a 7th Day Adventist family, so now I have to travel to NJ for her kid's birthday party on a SUNDAY!
3. An ex is continually reading my blog, not that I can stop him, but for someone who says he doesn't want to have anything to do with me, it feels like he's stalking my thoughts. Maybe I'll give him something good to read next week about himself.
4. I need a vacation. Stat. A solo vacation would be great.
5. My current, Mr. All I Can Do Is Talk About Work, has finally figured out that I don't want to hear about it anymore. I guess it helped that I asked him, "Damn, is that all you can talk about??"…PMS is good for something.
6. My grandmother is an AKA, and is in town celebrating the centennial. So of course I'll hear for the next week, "I don't understand why you became a Delta", about 100xs..She better hope I don't politely curse her out then throw a Ooop-Skee her way.
7. I'm not sure why, but this week, I've been approached by so many men. I guess the saying rings true…When you don't have anyone, no one wants you, but the minute you find someone, everyone comes out of the wood work.
@ Ms. Freckles
Thanks for the Tip. All these B.C seem to come with one side effect or another. I'm thinking he just needs to go back to wearing rubber.
is starting to think that my black ass can't be faithful…it's a niggasis errwhere!! they're coming out the woodworks indeed, even negroes that i admired years ago…is the short term gratification worth the risk of my long term happiness.
i know working at this nightclub definitely isn't going to help things…the temptation is already great enough.
*sighing*…but i like him sooo much that he's all i think about…what's a girl to do.
Damn is it Friday already? Southern girls huh?
White folks are shocked about Obama's kids not acting a fool on TV. I just want someone to get on TV and say.. Black folks ain't scurred to beat they A** if they act up.
oh yeah.. I gotta give Jessie Jackson Jr props for calling out his Dad on his actions… That's what grown folks do… haha
u getting soft lol
and think about working for self soon
Teacia… OK .. your right.. I cross the line on going after her but gawd damn, I cant stand up for myself against comebacks type in real life so I will be damned if I dont do it from the security of my desktop. she comes after me blatantly and oh so much.
its liike she resents my type so much she wants me to do bad and be miserable. notice I talk about a date with a gal who works at target and she says "thats a good match for you… but I say I go on a date with corporate black woman and she says im dating out of my league?? Umm hello Im black too…. and last I checked my company is not only a corporation its forbes 100. its almost like she fears me dating anyone the same or better money wise than her because she fears my type (happy black man who cares about love and life but not money) will find her and break her off and have her living in a 2 bedroom apartment with baby formula in her hair and shoping at target.
but seriously, I talk about love and relationships and morals. but I am told I dont understand love by a woman whos longest relationship was 1+1 year? If your in your mid 30's by law of AVERAGES you should have triped and fell on the street and ran into a man for more than 2 years by now. im not saying be married and have kids… (which you should) but can we at least know love and honor and dedication??
the thing I am most proud of in my life is loving another and having them love me equally, and the sacrifices that went into building a happy home. not my collection of Tiffany braclets or Fendi bags.
(fŭng'kē) [blak] [chik]: love the look of the new blog…i have always enjoyed your posts. although my family is comprised of a bunch of type b personalities who have all mastered the fine are of chillin, hosting the family cookout can still be stressful.
FUnke black chick said
5. My current, Mr. All I Can Do Is Talk About Work, has finally figured out that I don’t want to hear about it anymore. I guess it helped that I asked him, “Damn, is that all you can talk about??”…PMS is good for something.
Im quoting this for the sistas who said we shouldnt date doctors and PHD's because we cant talk to them about their job… and i said real women of real intelligence dont want to talk about work, they want to talk about how much you love them and what good times you can have together.
funke, its hard to seperate yourself form work when you are over driven. I have been that brotha who was over zelot for the corporate climb, trust me its part of my personality to be the corporate yes man, they used to call my "smithers." Give him a few months to break out of it, most black men need to just figure out (with your help) theres more to life than that climb. he needs YOU to show him theres more out here for us and that you will still love us if we arent VP's by 35.
its a hard cycle to break once your in it.
"she fears my type (happy black man who cares about love and life but not money) will find her and break her off and have her living in a 2 bedroom apartment with baby formula in her hair and shoping at target."
Got daymit this was funny…it made me choke on my tea. But for the record why don;t you just round up from mid 30s and just call me 40. Whats 7 or 8 years really???
Hasani just be happy. and do you. I still think you need to start a blog. You have no idea how much delusional cyber azz you could get that way, I swear. I might just come in a co-blog with you. Increase your chances. You could be married by Christmas.
what do you say?
i think i'll call you today
Teacia: Girl, stressful was an understatement. Never ever ever again will I subject myself to an event like that..lol..Thanks for the compliment, I'm still trying to fix some minor glitches! Along with trying not to procrastinate at work.
HNIC: I'm fine with asking how your day has went and telling how mine has went as well, but I leave work at WORK. I hate talking about my job. I understand the fact that he has 20 yrs under his belt and that it is a HUGE part of his life, but come on…While I'm at the Alicia Keys concert, the last thing I want to hear about is some military mission. It's not the fact that I don't know what he's talking about, I just don't want to hear it in every conversation. I told him that I don't think he'll be able to cope when he retires next year..lol… Oh, and he's banned from watching military movies in my presence, especially after watching Crimson Tide last Sunday and the History Channel.
"i think i’ll call you today"
….well hot damn.
– I am so grateful that God keeps blessing me everyday, despite my evil ways. It could definitely be bad. Thank you LORD!!!
– I hate that I can't stop talking to him. He has such a special place in my heart. But I know its going to bite me in the ass. My addiction has resurfaced itself again…damn! I usually have my A-game on, but he is my weakness. *sigh*
-I didn't get to bed till 8am this morning. I have so much on my mind its affecting my sleep. I never let stuff bother my sleep. Got to keep praying, I don't like stress.
– So everyone thinks I am crazy for having a housewarming in at home in Dallas. But hell I don't really have friends in Chicago so f*ck em' my friends know I always do what the hell I want to do. Oh I didn't know 50 people was too many…lol Well I guess it will turn into a party…
-Men make me scratch my head, this dude hasn't called for 5months. We have talked via text or IM. We were dating for like 8 months in April '07 then he disappeared Feb' 08. Why in the hell does he think he just come back and everything will be like it was before. I hate I had to tell him to come off the cheap dope! He is out of his fcking mind! Men make me laugh!!!
-My best friend is self destructing! I give her advice when she ask and she doesn't listen. Everyone knows I hate wasting my breath. I wont keep repeating myself I will sit back and watch everything play out and be there for you. I never say I told you so cause that is mean. But this time I am scared for her cause she is playing with FIRE. But its not my issue so I will detach emotionally and continue to pray for her. What should I do?
-Why the hell is it so hard for me to find money for school? Why the hell would someone say…"Call me if you need any thing for school I will HELP you" Then you call they insult your decision and tell you to call them when it gets bad. Humans are so FCK'D up!!! But its cool cuz…'Started out HUSTLIN ended up BALLIN' Watch me work! My success is my revenge and oh you will see me at the top!
-I have been home for a week and haven't seen my parents what the hell is that about.
-Oh sorry. CONGRAD SBM on your promotion!!!
-Is it bad that I don't feel comfortable talking a lot of stuff with my best friends? I have never had this problem but lately I haven't been feeling right. My feelings are never really off…hmmm
– Yeah I think Obama wife is really that cool. She knows the game and he got a good chick by his side. I am sure they have regular issues but I think she got his back.
-I am a southern girl, so we have that effect on people. Shout out to the Southern Chicks!!!
-Yeah I knew you would beat it up if she was a 'Butta-Face'. You just wouldn't sport her in public…lol. Thats almost every dude…LOL!
@ Funky Blak Chik: I am a 7th Day Adventist! Congrads to your friend.
I think I love rant Fridays…it gives everyone a chance to get stuff off of their chest.
Ms D…there are ton of things I want to say but this isn't the forum. I'll hit you up privately later.
ok… I love rants also sometime I might get a little to personal…lol
Good stuff on the promotion! Congrats!!
@ #3 And it just a really hard fine balance. What I find is you make things happen if you really want it to work out!!
I would call it an interesting conversation….. but just like me in real life … and true to our stereotypes…
tiffany did all the yelling and I sat there with my head down while some woman 9 inches shorter, 80lbs lighter and 476 miles away told me off.
I got in about 2 sentances, but she cut me off SEVEN TIMES in the conversation…. did I say conversation…. I meant to say DISSERTATION.
All that, and Ill still take her phone call to talk about anything in her life she wants to, any problem she may have or even if she wants to hear my warm voice on the phone… but then again Id do that for anyone.
(I gotta ran in my next post)
This is a rant about my weekend.
To my no good… deadbeat ass nigga…. godsons daddy. Yes mutha fuka Im puttin you on blast and gonna send you a link in a minute. I take care of YOUR damn son like he is my own on a daily basis. I make plans to take him to sessame place and put my dating life on hold and then you decide you wanna play daddy… hey brotha I dont got a problem with that. But when yo deadbeat ass decided to buy a new IPOD and then give me a text in the middle of the night while Im gettin turned out by Miss alaska… to give your deadbeat ass MONEY so little man can eat for the next few days… Yo Im fuckin done with you son. how the hell does a grown ass man so grown yo ass is starting to bald …. try and be pimp daddy and sport a new ipod when he has a son to cloth and feed? how about you save that shit or spend it on any one of your 7 kids?? actually forget about the other kids… I only care about MY god damn godson.
I dont wanna hear no speach about how i would think differently if I was a father… I didnt galavant around the world knockin women up the last 15 years, some of us black men actually know how to fucking keep our dick and our semen to ourselves.
Between yo baby moms being dizzy and you being a moron Im seriously about to take court order to regulate this shit, and if it keeps on Ill take him my god damn self…… SIKE… youd like that wouldnt you.
take care of your OWN BUSINESS and stop ruining other peoples lives and proviking the bad stereotype of a deadbeat dishonorable black male.
wow I take it someone has baby goddaddy drama?
Well Hasani if you're gonna tell the conversation really tell it. I was rather pleasant to you. I just wanted to see if you'd talk the same chitter chatter over the phone. And you were rather delightful in the beginning. But where the conversation went "left" is where I asked you to clarify the background of your premise.
But I'm sure you dont want that disclosed …so I will respect your privacy.
LMAO!!! I love you guys…I just knew that I could get up today and enjoy a good laugh just by logging on to SBM.net…and I actually thought Comeback was kidding about calling you…then again she is NEVER kidding.
Damn Sani baby…way to tell that sorry sad ass negro off!!!
Last night I did something considerably bad…well at least I started to…well no I actually did. But somewhere along the way I found my center and tried to rectify the situation by stopping…not sure it would matter to my beau though. Sometimes I'm worse than a dude and I'm going to fuck this one up too…I just know it. Then again maybe I don't give myself enough credit, I've been loyal in the past why would it be any different now. I sometimes just need the attention. I crave for it, and knowing that it usually is less than a phone call away I sometimes indulge in it. Under the current confines of our "relationship" I'm not sure if one could even consider me wrong, but it doesn't take away how regretful I am for even toying with the idea, even if nothing happened.
*sighing* I'm starting to think that SBM should call his Friday post weekend confessionals.
I ain't typing out a new rant, but I'll post up the jawn I wrote the other day:
This is a relationship post rant.
Now I’m gonna start off by stating the fact that I have never been in a real relationship, so some might say I’m unqualified to speak on such matters.
To them I say: “Step off. I’m doing the Hump.”
Don’t be a fucking asshole. Tell her how you feel.
Seeing people take things for granted pisses me off, yo.
From the oblivious to the nonchalant to the downright assholes…
What kinda fucked up thought processes permit someone to expect the world in return for next to nothing?
Don’t be a fucking asshole. Tell her how you feel.
What incenses me to no end is seeing people take other people for granted, especially in relationships.
Be they fledgling jawns or long time jawns.
Yes. One should take care of themselves, cause that’s all they have at the end.
But when someone is willing to take a part of themselves and give someone access to it… How can they just take it and not fully cherish it?
Don’t be a fucking asshole. Tell her how you feel.
Maybe it’s just how I grew up, but I never would take that lightly.
As I’ve prolly discussed in past posts on here, I’m not an active dater, nor do I have relationships under my belt.
But when I have the chance to be in something remotely similar to a relationship, I always want to bring my A-game.
It’s never an “Oh, cool. We can fuck here and there. Might chill out together every now and then… but I ain’t letting you see me sweat.”-type of thing.
The woman I’m gonna deal with… number one: She’s special from jump, cause I don’t deal with lames.
And if I’m gonna consider someone special, I’m gonna want to do all I can to see that they’re happy and happy with me. it just seems right.
But like I said, maybe that’s just me.
I think like old people, and maybe that’s it.
Don’t be a fucking asshole. Tell her how you feel.
I observe my peer group.
We’re young and we want to enjoy life. Freedom.
I mean, we recently just broke away from the rule of our parents and are doing our own thing. Who wants to still have to check with somebody when you want to do something?
And I think that’s how many of them regard relationships.
They don’t want to be tied down.
But is it really being “tied down”?
Does it really make you some kind of lame to have someone that you bounce ideas off of?
Someone to share things with?
Someone you can trust with all of your problems and insecurities and fears and such?
Don’t be a fucking asshole. Tell her how you feel.
If you can share genitalia with someone, you should be able to share feelings just as easily.
That’s how I see it.
It should never be a chore to tell that person that you love them.
Or that you miss them.
Or that you think of them a lot.
I mean… how often do people my age ever say that kind of stuff? I don’t really know, but I’d put money on “rarely”.
Don’t be a fucking asshole. Tell her how you feel.
They act like “LOVE” is a curse word.
I can imagine the censorship beep going off in their heads every time they hear it.
“I l**e you.” © The bul Geah.
It’s good for laughs and ha-has, but come on…
It doesn’t hurt to let someone know that they are on your mind and you cherish the time you spend together.
Cause 9 time out of 10, you do. You say it in your head, but not out loud.
Maybe fear of emasculation or some bullshit.
Ain’t nothing emasculating about expressing your feelings.
And you stand to lose nothing by doing so.
Don’t be a fucking asshole. Tell her how you feel.
So yo… Fellas: If your jawn shows that she’s all hearts-in-the-eyes over you… let her at least know how you feel in return.
Don’t sit on the feelings, cause she don’t know how you feel, and she’s liable to think that it’s her fault.
I’ve seen this shit happen with like 4 of my female friends. it sucks for them and makes them not want to give their hearts away anymore.
Don’t be a fucking asshole. Tell her how you feel.
Im tired of niggas ruining the image of black people. and its not even an income or class issue. Yes baby god daddy drama. I make 15 dolla an hour… I worked 8 basketball games in the blistering heat and used the money to buy lil man a pair of "kicks", crocks for the pool, and shorts and a tank…. DIS MUTHA FUCKA.. makes 90 dolla an hour and cant even keep enough money in his broke ass wanna be baller pocket to feed and cloth his son for just one weekend. Problem with niggas is they try to live above their means, stop spending money trying to look like jay playa and for fuks sake please stop making children in every time zone of every english speaking country. Im starting a new rule.. if you have more than one child.. STAY YO ASS OUT THE CLUBS.
I get myself snipped because of seeing what happens to people like you, but it really just comes down to being an asshat with no morals at the end of the day.
@ HNIC…sounds like some day you'll some appreciative sista very happy…$15 and all
@ HNIC…sounds like some day you’ll make some appreciative sista very happy…$15 and all