Since its not just me writing anymore … figured it shouldn’t just be me Ranting either. So … I present to you the rantings of 3 SBMs.
- My birthday is monday…getting old.
- Week went by hella fast and I feel like I did nothing…next week will be better
- Why does the laundry in my building hate me? I have YET to have a wash with no problems…what’s up with that?
- So this chick pimped me out this week…I’m not hurt but I am concerned…females are just as bad as dudes (just in case you had doubts)….no worries, its my next post.
- Having difficulty getting my next player at bat out the dugout…she’s traveling for the next month, my week ended hell busy…she said she’ll take me snow boarding and get Diddy Reese cookies to make up for the bday…we shall see.
- Going on a retreat in Big Bear this weekend, no snow so no skiing but it should be coo to be with the fam.
- As I write this I sit at a Founders Day dinner…it truly is a beautiful thing…”TWO A’S WITH A BIG ASS PHI”
- I was so intent on finding a new job a month ago. But as the economy continues to plummet, I realized my ass is better off stayin where I’m at. Ain’t no reason to wild out and end up unemployed cuz of my own doings. My college degree is worth about as much as the U.S. Dollar in Europe right now. EFFF (word)!
- One of my teeth started feelin more sensitive than…well, either sex’s love organ after a few rounds of pokey or one intense round of oral delight. I couldn’t chew on one side of my mouth and went to the dentist. Turns out one of my fillings fell out. Also found out I need to have 4 wisdom teeth removed soon. One of them is below my gums and completely sideways. I just thought it never came in. Not only will this be a painful process, it will be expensive despite my dental insurance coverage. I’m salty as sh*t about this right now. EFFF (word)!
- My alma mater’s first track meet is this weekend. Last year I was there competing as an unattached (post grad) athlete lookin like a machine. This year I’m not in competition shape and it really pisses me off. This goes back to that whole job dissatisfaction thing. I used to have time to train twice a day, now I barely have time to train once. I wanna be a long jumper again while I still got the youth in my system. Underachieving due to injury in college left a salty taste in my mouth (definitely pause).
- I wanna join a basketball league, but I don’t know anybody who needs an athletic black guy to join their predominantly white and sloppy team. F*ck it, I’ll just walk in dribbling a basketball with athletic hoopwear on and someone will stereotypically add me to their roster.
- I have been listening to a very random assortment of music this week (at least for me that is). For years it seems I just listened to Chopped & Screwed or Southern Rap. I got a rhapsody account and access to whatever I want … couple that with hours upon hours in front of a desk … and suddenly you start experimenting. I rediscovered an old love for Alternative. Blink 182, Linkin Park (especially the album with Jay Z), Korn (they have a chopped & screwed album), and others. Still hate R&B though!
- I too like Slim am contemplating a career move … but damn this economy. My parent’s have been putting the fear of God in me. “Boy … you better stay you arse right there … don’t you know its a recession. Gotdamn Bush!”
- Yesterday was Founder’s Day for my Illustrious Fraternity. 102 years … man. Don’t worry you members of lesser frats *cough* Slim *cough* … you’ll eventually reach 100 years … too bad you’ll never catch up though.
- I’ve been spending money … too much money … yet claiming that the recession is holding me back. I feel kind of hypocritical making it rain this week (had to donate to the SBM college fund though) but then telling people I can’t go out to lunch because it’s a recession. Awww well … I’ll get over it.
- The recession definitely hit the shaka joint. Place was practically empty.
- I have been twittering like a mad man this week. It’s addicting and I think I’m putting way too much info out there (when you twitter about dropping a deuce you know its a problem).
- I went over to Single Sister’s Speak Out (where my estranged Cousin is a writer) and damn near teared up at work while reading their post on appreciating a man. It gave me hope out there given some of the comments and blogs I encounter on the daily. Jac even talked about appreciating your FwB … and then Nicki gave me a tissue from her bra … it was touching. Choking up a lil just writing this … *whew*
- I think I have decided that my official entrance music / theme song (Shout out to Awesomeness Inc.) is Young Jeezy’s “Amazin” … cause “B*tch I’m amazin” (yeah … feeling myself …)
Now that my theme song is done … let the world know whats goin on wit ya …