- I’m still on my H-Town high…you don’t know what you got til its/their gone.
- “BITCH I’m WIRED UP!” is my new theme in life…along with “bust it wide open,” “damn n*gga she just love me,” “rack daddy,” “ricky bobby” et al.
- I need to work on being more focused and mentally and emotionally stable. I can’t seem to make up my mind or be happy with shit lately.
- My current focus in life is to figure out how to be bi-coastal (3rd coast and west coast). We’ll see how long this lasts.
- I need access to a private jet that I can use at my own discretion. I’m tired of airports.
- Happy New Years and all that good ish.
- I only worked 2 days this week. I really needed that extended vacation from Corporate America. I feel slightly rejuvenated and will be able to tolerate my co-workers just a little bit more once I go back. Then again, most of them aren’t that bad. I suppose I can tolerate the corny joke emails.
- Didn’t do anything exciting in the streets for New Years and I’m fine with that. I think New Years is overrated. I can get drunk and yell anytime during the year and spend half the money. If anything, my New Year starts on my birthday. So I’ll be a bit more excited when that rolls around…even though I wish I could stay the same age forever.
- 2009 is the year that I won’t have petty relationship drama. Gettin’ too old for the tomfoolery and shenanigans. I got enough stress from work, don’t need a significant other that’s gonna contribute to it.
- Xbox 360 and Netflix will lead to a decrease in my social skills. I got both during the holiday season and my room has become a hotel suite of sorts. Folks on Twitter said I need to get away from both. I haven’t found a reason yet. Sorry guys/gals.
- I seriously need to plan a vacation to an island that I haven’t been to before. I’m open to suggestions for places to go and places to stay and drinks to try.
- I’m in Atlanta right now dealing with one of the meeeeaaaaannnnneeeesssttt hangovers in a few years. Man though … I had so much fun. Its taking a lot out of me to sit here and write these rantings … but I just love ya’ll so much.
- Did I mention exactly how much fun I had at “The Fox” last night. Didn’t get in until about 1130 … but well worth the money and the trouble.
- My feelings on the ATL now as a city are mixed. Anyone who knows me knows I used to be obsessed with the city and was extremely close to moving there after college … but either the city has changed or I have … but I think Houston might be my next aim.
- Going out of town (and to the south) always makes me hate the nightlife in DC more. I mean … women here dance … and they really dance. I am dreading going back home and going somewhere with a bunch of chics standing around nursing drinks all night trying to not sweat out their weave … ugh … just thinking about it makes me not wanna go home.
- *sigh* … gotta go get dressed and ready to go to another place tonight. I would write more … but … still hungover from last night … and gotta go start drinking for tonight … man … my life is hard.
Happy New Year sbm.net!
1. I am sleepy. I am going out tonight, but I need to take a nap first.
2. I am at work after being off for a day and a half.
3. Miami Challenge 2009 is in order.. I've got to get this "extra" off by Memorial Day.
4. NYE was fantastic… my girl had a get together at her house, about ten folks showed up… Befriended a new guy who CRACKED ME UP the entire time. Everyone was drunk but me and I still had a good time.
5. I have to go shopping to find something to wear… Did I mention I hate shopping??????
I've done Miami Memorial Day the last 2 years. Great times. I guess you tryna just be walkin up the street in a bikini and ish.lol.
Went to bed at 8pm last night. Missed a few IMs I would have liked to responded to (cause I enjoy their company).
Woke up @ 2:52 (Still got 8 hours though they were broken)
I am loving this cooler weather.
Hi SBM. Hey Slim. Hello FAQs.
"I’ve done Miami Memorial Day the last 2 years. Great times. I guess you tryna just be walkin up the street in a bikini and ish.lol."
@Slim: I just might be. LOL. I've done it once, but this'll be my fifth time in Miami in the past four years.. I love that place. I took a pic of me in the bikini when I went this just past November… let's just say no one has gotten to see that picture!
I'm gettin old!
SBM… The Fox huh? Those are my people who threw it. You ready for the "woo", the "City boy with it", and the "Juke"? And the Little 5 Points tour? Unless of course, you've already gotten it…
Redbone-We all gettin old.
My Grati/rants are the following
1. NYE was blessed I was kidnapped by my SD given money to buy a dress and shoes and wisked away to dinner and his family's midnight wedding. it was sooo pretty.
2. 3 goals at a time for 2009
love u all be blessed…
@slimjackson: we're planning a trip to turks and caicos and one to the bahamas if ur down to go.
@akua: Wow… that is some new years eve event!!! Sounds really nice!
My friend who is here wants me to write a post about him and post up his picture … just so he can meet women on here. I keep trying to explain to him its not a good idea and not the purpose of the blog … but he just won't listen. *sigh*
Dead @ your friend SBM… completely DEAD. why doesn't he just come on and chat with us… that's the best way to do it…
-Or u can make him the "flavor of the month" but that would be a lil sweet coming from u.
SBM-I don't know if Nic will co-sign but we can put him on SSSO…I guess..Lawd Jesus…He could be our flavor for Jan.
I think that's a good idea Jac… 😉
@jac sounds like a really good idea… man candy!!
@nicki: it was very nice its just too bad he's tooooooo old to be serious abt. so he will be an SD.
LOL…it's the "whoop"…I swear no one ever gets that name right
Ok, I'm done.
No rants for me…LIFE IS GREAT!!!
@Akua: Awwwww, man. Girl, I thought you'd found your prospective! At least u had fun though. 😉
@Sabrina….. my bad homie. You're right. I'm from the Panhandle…. we like the dance, but we never go to J-ville. LOL That's an unofficial rule in FL. Never actually go.
1) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
2)Went clubbing on New Year, I LOVE going to my REGGAE Dancehall clubs. Everyone is dancing, not just shaking their butts. Dancing from 11-4 in 4 inch hells definitely had my thighs on FIRE!!
2)I've finally caught up on my sleep, after having a whole semester of late nights and early mornings.
3)'m just about ready to get back on the grind, and handle my business for my orgs, next week is dedicated to prepping for the spring semester.
4)Not much of a rant for this week, but I wish everyone success in their goals and endeavors for 09 and years after.
Ok, 1st of all, LOVE your writing.
2nd, never thought I would hear a single black male say the words "tomfoolery and shenanigans"… a 96-yr-old widowed black male, yes. But, SBM, no. Both hilarious and slightly shocking. The mix is brilliant.
3rd, almost peed myself at "I am dreading going back home and going somewhere with a bunch of chics standing around nursing drinks all night trying to not sweat out their weave…" Apparently you go to the same clubs as my best friend. She is not a big fan of sweat. BTW, she's the one sitting in a booth with the Corona and cleavage.
@nicki: I wish he was a prospective
I did have a blast…sipped on a few "georgia peaches" (cause peach scnapps is my SH*T) lol
I'm starting the gym on monday an hour a day eliptical/and treadmill. I would join spinning class but the last time I did my a** was on fire!! I got toooo much junk for that lil bike seat! but they say it burns 500 calories per 30min class!