- This week was aight til Thursday. I’m in recruiting, so there’s nothing like placing somebody at a job and then having them get fired the first day. I really don’t like fire fighting.
- Played in my first league bball game. My team managed to lose a 10 point lead with a minute left. It threw me back to when Reggie Miller went nuts on the Knicks in the 90’s. That sh*t hurt my feelings. Oh, and one of the dudes from America’s Top Dance Crew is on my team. He’s part of Status Quo. Not sure how I feel about that.
- My body hurts. My body is weary.
- This weekend will be maximum relaxation with minimal (I’ll be drunk) alcohol consumption.
- DC ended up being less hectic than I had imagined, which made the trip and occasion even better. Had a great time and was part of history.
- I REALLY miss DC. But not in the way that makes me want to move back, just the way that makes me wish I could afford to visit more often.
- Now I’m in Atlanta…let’s get it crackin.
- Life may be taking me back to Houston and I’m no longer completely opposed to that.
- Sometimes I wish I lived in a bubble, insulated from bullshit.
- I haven’t slept since last Friday and I’m woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick…no bueno.
- The blog world never ceases to amaze me. Its like high school for grown folks.
- I’m still tired as a result of inauguration. I got 3 hours of sleep that night, didn’t get a full night of sleep after that, and just been running ever since.
- I did a test to determine the type of negotiator that I was .. and found out that apparently I’m a “competitive” negotiator. Also, I’m focused on my personal end results, as opposed to harboring relationships and other stuff. It was kind of eye opening … but not really. I did think I would have gotten higher scores in compromise and collaborate … but they weren’t horrible.
- I’m pretty sure I will have work to do over this weekend. I hate thinking about this … passionately. *sigh* … I haven’t worked a weekend in months … but … hey … its a recession … can’t have the boss thinking I’m slipping.
- I went to Circuit City looking for a good deal. Their offering 10% off everything … 10%? Apparently their not “hungry” enough … I’m gonna give em another month or two … and they go pick me up some $50 speakers and $40 stereo for my car … but until then … I’m good.
- As of late … I’ve felt like a man without purpose. This isn’t how I live my life. I’ve got so much I want to do … seems like I can’t focus on any one thing. Gonna hammer that one out this week and get back to being awesome …
- I haven’t been active on twitter in awhile (besides my inauguration coverage). Blame it on the J.O.B.
- I’m watching 300 right now … and the story of raising Spartan kids made me run to the internet to confirm the tale. Supposedly they really did throw away kids that were physically deformed, and the training program for the army started at 7. Why can’t we do something like that now … but with intelligence? We all know there are some black people that need to be taken out the gene pool … and we could all benefit from a strict, rigorous, and mandatory education system that was the equivalent of running through the woods in winter in a loin cloth. Feel me?
- My President is Black … life really is good.
- Even if my president wasn’t black … life is still really good.
– Getting up early for training all this week has made me realize that I am not a morning person. Clearly, that needs to change since I have 9am classes this semester.
-Im so grateful to still be in school because I almost thought I was going to have to take some time off again…God is good.
-These students are already acting a fool. I had my first incident of the semester on my floor tonight. Please people wait a few weeks before causing trouble!!
-I enjoyed all the inauguration coverage. Unfortunately, I had to watch with my staff and many of them are die hard McCain supporters.
-I need to be more organized this semester.
-After all this wedding stuff for my friend I have determine I want to elope or have a destination wedding then a large reception. I do NOT want to go through all this other crap. Its just to much.
-Glad SBM added the two other writers. You all blend very well.
Happy Friday folks!!!
Happy Friday to All!
-This week I joined a smaller more intimate gym, it feels good so far but I'm sore as hell thanks to my cousin's obsession with my weight loss goal!
-My President's Black and his wife is too! They're giving Black Love, the greatest comeback ever. 🙂 I just love his swag!! Clinton was cool, but never exhibited a mean swag!
-Work was chill, not as many whiny students like last semester, it seems that there are some responsible college freshmen out there.
-Taking my 1st grad course, and its no "punk", very intense reading, but I love it anywoo.
-My son will be finished with the 1st set of standardized testing, so it's all good for now!!!!
Status is now Full Grind Mode!
@slim: ill rub ur back
@mr.faq's: feel better soon
@sbm: I agree life is good.
Granti/rants in no particular story
-started my book of erotic short stories this week
-dsl is out and I've had to use dial up for 2 days I feel like I'm in the dark ages.
– I am alive, I have all my appendages,and I have my health.
-today is my sisters birthday. she has been missing for somewhere in the upwards of 130 days. she was spotted which was good because most assumed she was dead, she has a son who misses his mom so much and its so sad to think he's had to go through the last 4 months without her.
– I like someone and they like me
its gonna be nice to have a valentine
-im getting a new tat next week
-classes are going well just 2 more weeks I can't wait.
anyway u know gotta take thing 1 and 2 to school.
be bck soon
Ah I'm alive.
Akua's handling you gentlemen just fine over here.
Akua-She's still in our prayers….we haven't forgotten about her…:)
Happy Friday – Overall my week was great—witnessing our very first Black President get sworn in has been in the top 10 most memorable moments in my life.
I'm excited that I have not one, but TWO new books coming out this year–one for adults and one for teens.
Circuit City – I went there Monday thinking I was going to get a bargain on a few things…not. The 10% & 20% off wasn't enough for me to make some major purchases. I too SBM will be catching them another week. I did buy the whole Motown CD collection for 20% off for my mom's upcoming birthday but the other stuff I went to buy, I left right there in the store. Wal-mart currently has those items cheaper.
Happy Friday everybody!!!
Good Morning everyone!
300 is a great movie, SBM! I've seen it a coupla of times.
1. I saw Notorius this week.. it's a must see.
2. It's only been two weeks of school, and I'm already slacking.
3. My allergies started kicking my butt Wednesday. Came home from work early yesterday, stayed off today. I have GOT TO DO BETTER! I have a friggin date tomorrow night.
4. Commercial for the "Plan B" pill is on now… the women are happy and shopping and such. Is this what we are coming to?
That is all for now.
don't worry…Circuit City hasn't gone into full liquidation yet. They're still trying to churn out a small profit so that they aren't too far in the red. Office Depot (at least one near me) is closing, so I would take a trip. I saw office furniture for (50-70% off!)…and I need a new chair.
– I'm still trying to find the motivation to go out, mingle and possibly meet someone. I just can't do it. Maybe I'm feeling too old.
– Birthday is in a little over a month and I don't have any plans yet. What do early 30s do on their birthday when their friends are scattered in the wind and really aren't going to go all out throwing me anything? I was thinking about renting a booty shake DVD and throwing dollars at my LCD screen.
– I'm the only dude not caught up in the Notorious hype. I personally don't care to see a 2Pac movie either. I'm still amazed that people speak about them as though they are alive.
– Tax return time is here…now I have to decide on fixing my car, upgrading my DJ setup or putting it in the bank for when Uncle Sam, the State or whomever decides to hit me over the head for something.
Good Morning Everybody!!
@Akua – I will definitely keep your sister and your family in my prayers.
1. I’m so happy about President Obama.
2. I have a really busy weekend ahead of me. Work, work, and more work. However, I am excited, and hoping that my client is granted asylum, so this process does not drag further into 2009. We shall see…
3. I’m officially in my last semester of law school. I’m kind of excited, but not as excited as I will be once I take and pass the NY bar.
4.I saw Notorious last weekend, and I thought the acting was decent, but the movie could have been better written b/c it seemed to lack depth. However, it is worth seeing. ☺
5. I also got some free Chanel lotion from Macy’s on Tuesday. They along with some other retail stores and manufacturers lost a class action lawsuit (price fixing) and have to give away 175 million dollars worth of free products. It’s nice to get something for free in a recession.
That’s it for me. I hope everyone has a blessed day!!
One of my friends is in Notorious movie in a few scenes with face all up in the camera.lol.
"Supposedly they really did throw away kids that were physically deformed"..
.. they still do this in Africa
I don’t have a lot to Rant about. Despite the cold, running around in a maze, and the millions of people crowded around me. I loved the fact that I was able to attend the Inauguration with my Fam, who flew from San Fran & OKC. My body is still recovering, but it was worth it. What’s even better, is I live in DC!!!!! Wooo hooo
Oh, and I hate my job…that’s it
@Slim, since you brought up America's Best Dance Crew it reminded me of a pausable moment on the show last night. JC Chasez was commending a particular dude's dance move in one of the crews and he said somethin' like, "Man, you were gettin' it today! You can get it everyday!" Um, ok. I mean, he needs to watch his words. He's already got one strike against him (former boy band member). I was crackin' up. I gotta find that video and send it to you for your blog.
– I finally succumbed to the crackpipe that is Twitter. Yes, Twitter has won. Then again, I wasn't in my best mode in that fight. I found it to be good notification for our blog. So yeah, Twit me if you can. (twitter.com/sistersoundoff)
– I'm gonna do some serious writing this weekend. Like, lock myself in the house, writing. Got a few competition deadline coming up. And I promised myself I'd make it a priority.
– So much corporate black swagger eye candy in the downtown Chi. Just had to note that. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you my weakness: a black man in a suit.
– My hair is lookin' shinier than normal lately. I love you Flaxseed Oil vitamins. For real ladies, get on that. This lady with the most glowing hair told my sister that and since then I've been takin' it religiously. And my Mama was already up on that Flaxseed Oil and never told me about effects on your hair. She fails. Maybe she never knew. I still love you, Mama.
– I never knew how good yoga made ya feel until I tried it. That ish is spiritual, yo.
– And in addition to that, my legs are sore as hell. Damn toning.
– I already got 8 "Happy Fridays" (at the train station AND here) and a few "We made its" and I ain't even seen everybody I know here yet. Ah, the corporate grind.
One of my friends is in Notorious movie in a few scenes with face all up in the camera.lol."
LOL.. Black folks!
@jac: thanx boo…
@remi: thank you as well
@nicki: i just started back to class to, a sista is NOT motivated!!
The Tahoe is back for his rants
-its great to be employed once again…god is good
– i really need to stop slacking and it launch the podcast and the blogs, i been talking about for eons
-no plans this weekend, just gonna chill
-need to get back in the gym, but this crazy spider bite prevent me this week
– have a great and safe weekend…
-Just found out that my manuscript didn't get accepted for publication by 'The Prostate'. I need to find another journal to submit it to.
-I'm tired. Been up since 5am. I might need to start going to gym in the evenings if I can't get to bed at a decent hour.
-I have a lung cancer retreat/workshop tomorrow (8-5). That's not how I want to spend my Saturday.
-I need to find somthing to get into tonight. I think its going to involve large amounts of Stoli.
-I'm not doing any lab work today past noon.
-Today is my LB's birthday and my ex-girlfriend. I called both of them to wish them well. I wish I was home in DC to party with my LB
@Akua: Girl Tell me about it! I may need to take a semester off or some'n.
@tahoe: a spider bite? omg!
@tunde: don't get too faces
@nicki: let's boycott school! let's have a sit in (bed and don't do shi*) lol
This day is long!
This weekend is going to be long, I have to finalize my final! *I'm too old for this ish, I should've gone to college in my twenties like everyone else instead of smoking them away! Damn The Chief!
“@nicki: let’s boycott school! let’s have a sit in (bed and don’t do shi*) lol”
@akua: I’m with it… matter of fact, practicing right now. LOL
Good morning! I am an avid reader and have thoroughly enjoyed your rants and fantastic points of view. I believe some women ask those questions for self validation and your approval of them changing; but at the same time they already know the answer to the questions they are asking.
I used to ask these questions myself but having guys for friends and sites like yours has taught me a lot!