These days men are able to do some strange things to women. I never thought growing up that the gender that grew the fastest and matured the fastest would one day be subjected to so many swindles. But if you listen to women tell it, they’re much smarter than men, much more mature, and know their men better than the men know themselves. So why do women empower men with these strange super powers?
Tell me what you think about this;
1. Have you ever had a man lie straight to your face, but you didn’t call him on it? I think back over the years when a girl might have told me, “And I know he’s lying because he say he was with Damon and Damon was with Tasha, but that’s okay. I’ll let his trifling a*s think he slick.”
2. Do you know any men who are legitimately crazy, but people make allowances for it? For example, “He has this bad habit of just showing up places when I didn’t tell him I was going to be there or invite him. So don’t tell nobody I told you this, I’m trying to see if he is checking my email.”
3. He has clearly talked to three of your friends, but you were the one who was able to get him in a relationship? Is this something to be proud of. Is it cool for men to talk to all y’all and it be cool?
4. Or this one, “I know he be sleeping with those little girls he be meeting at the club on the weekends, but that’s okay, let him bring home something and that will be the end of that.”
I’m going to dig a little deeper;
1. Have you ever waited until your significant other or boo left or you weren’t around him anymore to cry? So he never had to deal with the fact that he made you cry?
2. You have a “friend” who you want to be more than friends with, so you let him use you as his pseudo shoulder to cry on? He tells you all these stories about women he’s trying to bed, meanwhile you’re the most reliable woman in his life.
3. Do you know an “asshole” who gets you so mad and upset that some days you want to curse him out and smack him with a hammer, but you haven’t done so because you don’t want him to know that he actually gets to you?
4. I’m going to cut deep here, so I apologize in advance; You ever had a guy talk about a woman who is dealing with something that you had to deal with before in an insensitive manner? He’s talking about how some women need to watch their weight, but he doesn’t know you used to be anorexic from the age of 11 until 23. He’s talking about dark skin girls, but doesn’t realize that you spent hundreds of dollars growing up on bleaching creams. So much to the point that your skin is so horrible now, that you can leave the house without makeup.
What I’m getting at here today is how women enable men to do some weird, strange and sometimes disrespectful behavior without calling them on it. We’re insensitive, we need to be told when we’re out of line. I’m not encouraging you to throw a drink on that man today, or put some gum in his chair when he isn’t looking, but maybe you kick his trash can over today. More importantly, maybe you stop enabling men. I’ll give you some advice from someone who knows; the reason why women are running simps for everything they got is because men enable women. If men didn’t give into women asking for a man to pay their bills, or buy them lavish gifts, no women would think it was okay to ask for them. You may think that the ship has sailed and men and women are just different. Let me remind you something my coach used to tell us when we were down in a game, “The same way they got up 10 on us, is the same way we’re going to come back and tie this game.”