I’m not easily shocked, but when I came across one of today’s Huffington Post articles, Affair Survival: Tips For Dating a Married Man, I was admittedly taken aback. First, I can’t even mentally comprehend the visceral response that would have rained down upon the proverbial head of a man who authored Tips for Dating a Married Woman. Secondly, I can’t believe this is the point we’ve reached in 2012 regarding marriage:
Perhaps the best advice you can give someone about having a relationship with a married man is telling her not to even start. However, that may not be practical for all women. As my friend “Jenna” told me, “You can’t help who you fall in love with. The love of your life just might be a married man.”
“That may not be practical for all women.” Really? Not cheating with a married man (or woman) is impractical? Wow. Will wonders never cease? I assume the author, given her passionate writing on the subject, has been “the other woman” herself. Using her experience, she provides 5 survival tips for dating married men.
- The needs of the many (namely, his family) will always outweigh your needs.
- His life with you is secret and always will be.
- No matter how nice a guy he is, you are a temporary diversion for him.
- He will not leave his wife.
- Legally, financially and emotionally, you have no claim.