10 Quick, Yet Hilarious Observations from Last Night’s Grammys
Let’s take a quick look at what transpired at the 2013 Grammy Awards last night — here’s a quick list of 10 observations that stood out to me:
1. Whatever in holy hell Frank Ocean was talking about during his acceptance speech had most of America like, “Is Frank Ocean getting ready to put down an offer on Neverland Ranch?”
2. Ryan Seacrest lacks the male urge of “Damn look at those t*tties!” … but Ellen doesn’t.
3. What the hell was Rihanna talking about at the end of her red carpet interview?
Go to 1: 45
4. How come nobody told me the Oompa Loompas had a clothing line?
5. Can we all please stop giving Kelly Rowland 93-octane premium gas when it is clear that 87-octane regular ass gas will do just fine?
I’m sorry, [rant starting], I just don’t see it. It’s not that I’m a hater, or a Beyonce stan, or have complexion issues. Kelly Rowland looks like girls I see every day on the street, the train, the bus, in a broke down 94 Ford Escort. She is not all that. She’s pretty, fine – so are a lot of women. (Not for nothing she did her own nails last night on the way to the Grammys.)
6. Favorited Tweets:
Why is it ‘Grammys’ and not ‘Grammies’
— Most (@MrSpradley) February 11, 2013
Best Urban Contemporary Album is like when they stopped calling Black people, Negros and switched to African-American.
— Long Live JAY.JACK (@DrJayJack) February 11, 2013
7. Nas isn’t the Susan Lucci of Hip Hop. He’s the Jim Kelly of Hip Hop – good guy, solid performances, one of the greats, just never been the best.
Also, his stans need to pipe down. He’s been nominated for the award four times and hasn’t won. Jay-Z has been nominated for the award nine times and only won once. Yeah and we know that Nas has been nominated for 13 Grammys in total and won nothing; Jay-Z has been nominated 51 times and only won 17. Think about that for a second, who’s really getting robbed?
(Just to address this here; I think 2 Chainz should have won Best Rap Album. According to the criteria for the award, he had the best rap album of the year. Take Care sounded like something Nicole Simpson could have made. Not to say it sucked, it just wasn’t rap music.)
8. Jennifer Lopez is filming a reality show called, Death Becomes Her.
This also ends the debate on Latin women and their shelf-life – Jennifer’s 43.
9. Stop it LL.
No really, stop it.
10. Justin Timberlake ‘bout to win another BET Award, y’all.
Cheers. – Dr. J