SingleBlackMale.org is an established name in the blogging world. The site was built on a focus of dating & relationship topics aimed at African-Americans, but also provides pop culture, sports, and other popular types of articles. We’ve been featured in Essence, Black Enterprise, Madame Noire and other publications and manage an active youtube channel.
We are growing the site, and with an upcoming redesign we need great writers, editors, and social media managers who are looking to get exposure and join the team. We currently have several regular writers and want new regular contributors to join the team. We are also looking for motivated Social Media managers and Editors. The team is spread across the US and everything is handled virtually.
All new writers join as interns to show they can create original pieces which match the style of the site and perform well in terms of traffic and engagement. After the internship, we ask great writers to join the team on a contract basis. All interns get full accreditation and a linkback to their website or social media account.
We are taking pitches for anyone interested in joining the site. In order to submit a pitch, send everything in an email to [email protected]. All pitches remain your property and will not be posted without your permission
Email Pitches Must Include:
- Name / Pen Name
- Email Address
- Your Website (We prefer writers with a site)
- Social Media Links (Strong social media following preferred)
- Links to publicly published content (or original piece as a Google Doc or Dropbox link)
- Which role on the team are you interested in?
- We need several writers, and help with social media management, editing, or on our youtube channel. If you have a special skill set we haven’t thought about, pitch it.
- Why you want to write/work for SingleBlackMale.org?
- We want you to look at the site and content and think about why you will be a great addition to the site. If all you want is to be seen by thousands daily, keep moving. We want those excited to be a part of the site.
- [Writers] How many posts a week can you contribute?
- We are looking for regular contribution to the website. Those who can consistently produce several articles a week are highly preferred.